Sunday, June 7, 2009

Dare me.

I want to taste life. Living day to day, plastic breakfast to wine-red evening simply is not enough. I want to inhale life, feel the thrumming softness fill my heart from top to bottom, breathe in, breathe out. Rise the breaking wild to pound at my soul, tear me apart in a raging sympathy and set me FREE. I want to fall into a beckoning, siren-silence and emerge daring, eager.

No more of this suffocating logic, teasing and drowning my heart while cajoling my mind to accept the statistics of life. No more of this armored, rock-walled strength. I want to see that far horizon, great and fearsome, daring me to leave NOW, not in an hour, not in a minute, not when I'm ready but NOW, and in the midst of all my wariness and my fears and all the "but's" and "hold-ons" find that reckless courage and discover a passion once lost, once forgotten.

Break me down to the black and white, tear me apart to taste this Soul. All trappings forgotten, raw and naked, pounding heartbeat. THIS is who I am. I don't want to live in shadows. Give me that burning, bright, roaring spark, soaring free, and DARE me to stand apart. Mock me, ridicule me, shun me, drown me in your shallow comfort. You will not forget me.

I will rise, I will break......then I will FLY.

No comments: