Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Once again

A jazzy, lonesome night tasting like smoky moonlight dancing on the tip of my tongue. That moment between tomorrow and yesterday when all my worries have faded into quiet gray shadows and each second drifts slowly apart in front of my eyes. My breath beats with a steady, calm certainty against the cool night air and all those every-questions of everyday and everything falls from my shoulders like brown-gold leaves off an autumn tree. It's the boom boom baby of soft blues in your eyes and poetry in your fingertips when God isn't what I should do or who I'm afraid to be or where I'm going next, but instead He's the slow sway of my shoulders, the music that carries me away when my eyes close and that deep, deep satisfaction drifting, drifting like soft, smoky moonlight. It's a night when all my constraints are flung away and I can dare to be free and dare to be alive and dare to stand and breath in the dreams that my soul hungers so greatly for. Dare to believe in childhood loves and the magic of circumstance and coincidence. Where I finally dare to sink into the deep, deep swirling depth of a life-wearied heart and find a living, dancing, singing truth of myself. It's the beginning of a rebirth.

No comments: