Monday, November 1, 2010

Gasp

Bring me to my knees to fall beneath the far soft sky and place my hand on chest to wonder at such years gone by. Where's that halt, that quick drawn breath, that stammer in my heart and step, where's that beat, that swirling beat of heart and red and breath and heat. I lost it sometime long ago, stolen fast and hard from sight in raven hair and red, red lips underneath this blue moonlight. The drums are beating, flickering fast, thrumming jazz the shadows cast, we meet and speak 'round and 'round and fight and love without a sound. Just step quick step and hand clasping hand, eyes found deep in eyes held fast. Here's that halt, that quick drawn breath fled from lips to teasing depths and finally no longer on my knees, black waves fallen and passion freed.

No comments: